In the Babylon 5 universe, a project launched by the Earth Alliance after the Earth-Minbari War, to construct a space station in neutral territory with the goal of preventing another war by providing a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences.

The first three Babylon stations were sabotaged during construction. Babylon 4 vanished shortly after its completion. The last of these stations, which went online in 2257, was Babylon 5.

The Babylon Project was conceived and implemented by the Earth Alliance immediately following the Earth-Minbari War. Its purpose was to avoid future wars by providing a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully and avoid future misunderstandings.

The first three attempts at building a Babylon station met with disaster as sabotage by unknown forces who destroyed them early in their construction. With Babylon 4, the Earth Alliance put in a big budget, and built a huge station - only to have it disappear 24 hours after coming online. The station was considered lost, and one final attempt to create a Babylon station was made, on a minimal budget, funded partially by the Minbari Federation, and the Centauri Republic - Babylon 5.

The Stations

    Babylon Station
    Babylon 2
    Babylon 3
    Babylon 4
    Babylon 5
The Greatest of these, was Babylon 5, which eventually housed the Legislative Branch and for some time the Executive Branch of the Interstellar Alliance.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.