current homenode imageremoved because it's Old-Rectum after having switched to willowisp
previous homenode image
From left to right: Colin, Pinocchio, and Gus wish me a happy 22nd birthday.
- radlab0 says the real question is whether he has no legs, or simply doesn't understand the ins and outs of pants technology. I mean, we've all had bad days when we've tried to fit heads through armholes, right?
- gnarl says colin is asking to use the restroom. pinocchio is asking how to be real, and gus would like to bounce, please.
- Lometa says *the Blue Fairy reached out with her wand at 8:40 this morning and ------@+ Zing! Gus has Real Legs*
It doesn't always work that way. Once you have lived several years of your life without legs, your nervous system becomes hard-wired not to use legs. The fairy's magic worked on Pinocchio because 1. there weren't several years of hardwiring to undo, and 2. the story was apparently just the dream of a boy who was real to begin with (see the end of Pinocchio ch 36). At least I'd rather have no legs than useless legs.
Questions? Comments? /msg me
To be added to the homenode updates mailing list: /msg yerricde subscribe
To be removed: /msg yerricde unsubscribe
To add a comment: /msg yerricde (your comment)
Previous homenode images: http://www.cs.rose-hulman.edu/~yerricde/homenodes/
No, this is not a NAZI™ logo.
Here are most of my video game related writeups that I consider at least semi-worthwhile:
by title: 100-in-1 Contra Function 16 (the first pirate multicart to be supported in NES emulators), Bricklayer, Centipede, Dr. Mario, Forsaken, Mario Kart bugs, The New Tetris, Panel Action Bingo, Perfect Dark, Pole Position, Solar Wars, Spellevator, Wolfenstein 3D, Zero Wing, Zoop
Like to write factuals?Then license them under the GNU Free Documentation License so everybody else can use them.
How do they do that?TheBooBooKitty and Gritchka got M-Noder status (plus or minus a few writeups) by content rescuing random nodes that contain one-liners and by staking their claims in uncharted territory.
TheBooBooKitty says You don't really seem to have a lot of bad nodes. You would be on Everything's Best Users right now if you would just keep plugging away at noding. Just find your "subject" and go for it.
please do not thank me
for spending my c!
instead I thank thee
for a node that was worthy!
We now return you to your regularly scheduled homenode drivel
You may already know me...
There is only one 'i' in yerricde. The network admins at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology assigned me this nick (first six letters of last name, plus first initial, plus middle initial if present), which is short for Damian E. Yerrick. Elsewhere, I am
- SMTP and MSN Messenger
- MSN Messenger
- email@example.com (not for mail)
- Slashdot, SourceForge, and other OSDN sites
730 Runnion Ave
Fort Wayne, IN 46808-3744
This is what your homenode is forI don't add to known GTKYNs.
- secondary mission drive: To get cease and desisted for exercising my free speech right as a USian
- favorite band: nine inch nails
- my preferred name should I be accepted into the Witness Protection Program: Milo Holloway
- noding team: Team Cotley
- diseases: Tourette's syndrome, Asperger syndrome, prosopagnosia
Idiomas que hablo
Scheme is easier the second time around. On the other hand, even though I almost understand Perl's hash system (apparently, it's like a dictionary, mapping from strings to objects), but I'm afraid I'd need some hash (in the sense of the mind-altering drug) to be able to "get" the rest of the complex language.
- I'm still looking for implications of the surprise ending to Pinocchio by Carlo Collodi.
- Eventually, I'll get around to finishing those last few 6502 instructions .
- The gods killed my ASCII coloring book but not before I could back it up to http://www.cs.rose-hulman.edu/~yerricde/e2/ascii.html
Nodeshells to Fill
My Voting Policy
I upvote writeups that match the pattern node for the ages. I /msg noders whose writeups lack content or hard links; if that fails (e.g. the writeup is by a fled user, or the user acts like an ass), only then do I downvote. (If it hits -5, I file an E2 nuke request as soon as I have a couple of my own to delete.)
Sorted User BookmarksThese nodes are worth looking at. Some have a writeup by me; some don't.
- anarchy: 50 fun things to do in a mall
- arts and culture: Boys Are Better Than Girls: Adolescent Gender Socialization in North America
- cartoons: Cartoon Laws of Physics | cartoon food chain | laws of anime | Cartoons of the 80s Metanode
- literature: fairy tales | nursery rhymes | Gods and Goddesses of the Fae | Mary Poppins | Now won't The Real Mother Goose or The Real Bruce Perens please stand up? | Super Mario Brothers: A Literary Criticism | How to attract the Fae | Little Red Riding Hood | Things Fairy Tales have taught me | Wonderland | Fiction challenge results
- humor: support.microsoft.com | windows jokes
- music: Top 10 Most Overused Chord Progressions of All Time | how to mix | skipping CDs | gut bucket | virtual filksing | Lounge Against the Machine | Milli Vanilli
- religion: The Enemies of Our Enemies
- child abuse: Geppetto disciplines Pinocchio | Please let me out, I won't do it again | top ten ways to fuck up your kids
- communication: answering machine messages | there are no three letter .coms left | creative ways of sticking up your middle finger
- advertising: Grimace
- language: George Carlin's 2,443 Filthy Words and Phrases | mild swear words | Learn to Count from One to Ten in Different Languages | the superiority of the alphabet | The Buddy System | Boys' Names : C | Irish names for women | proper usage of the word 'smurf' | user Gritchka | amusing childhood names for things | Common Glasgow, Edinburgh and Scottish colloquial terms and words | English as she is spoke | Everything Guide to Doric Words and Phrases | Foreign Accent Syndrome | English words from the Irish | Encroachment of major languages endangers biodiversity | the dictionary of the Khazars | Cork city slang | hyphenated name scheme | Dutch profanity: categories and usage | European languages: Contrasting #11-19
- cuteness: those blasted Precious Moments figurines | Precious Moments® Bible | Colin | cute little Hemos | cute language | The Time Machine - Chapter 4 | Silly things we believe when we're kids | I want to be an Eloi (No you don't!)
- disease: carotenemia
- equal rights: Orks and Windows users are people too.
- existence: The Matrix | lucid dreaming | Ever think we're living in The Matrix?
- food: iron grilled cheese | What the hell is Grimace, anyway? | monkey bread
- games: nine men's morris | the REAL games metanode | speed card game | Puppetland | how to play Mao or its cousin Bartok | Hnefatafl | L-game | Press Your Luck | Foursquare | full-contact golf | perdiddle | eat poop you cat | rock, paper, scissors
- video games: NES programming | Centipede | Dr. Mario | Pong for Allegro | arcade games with female protagonists | Super Mario RPG | mapper | consoles should have trackballs | how video game music is created | Retro video games you'd rather play than the new hi-tech stuff | NESticle | common video game design flaws and clichés | minus world | Is Mario gay? | video games I wish they'd invent | Potemkémon | Oh, my car!
- law: Sonny Bono copyright extension act | independent invention defense to patent infringement | BT's patent on hyperlinks
- mathematics: L-systems | mathematics of RSA | optimal quantisation | how to listen to the Mandelbrot set | Fourier transforms, Wigner distributions, and Wavelet transforms
- medicine and physiology: masturbating right after working out | proprioceptive lag
- programming: s/// | NES programming | 6502 instructions | resonant filter | robots.txt
- politics: God is an abortionist
- retrocomputing: Applesoft BASIC | BASIC | shape table
- secrets: IE 5.x Easter Eggs | Napster Nuggets
- transportation: coracle | how to buy a used golf cart | one headlight/perdiddle
- Wintendo: Customizing the OEM information in Windows9x/ME | How to add a DOS prompt entry to the right click menu
- meta: Kevin Bacon | the big nodeshell list | Lord Brawl's Pressed Nodeshell Collection | Node Your Homework! | vote dump metanode | what to do if you've got too many votes on your hands | E2 node autolinker in Perl | http://everything2.com/nodenames.txt.gz