An excellent but short-lived tv show on NBC. The main characters were the Weir family. The son, Sam, is your prototype geek. What's great about the show is that him and his friends really looked like geeks. The daughter, Lindsay (played by the very cool Linda Cardellini) is an intelligent student who doesn't want everyone to think she is a geek. Anyway, the show was very different from any other show that had teens in it. It wasn't filled with beautiful people talking pretentiously. The most annoying thing of all was that almost every critic loved it but it bombed. It's hard to say if this was because the public really didn't like it or NBC screwed things up. They aired like two episodes with good advertising. Then it disappeared for 2 or 3 weeks because of the World Series. It was relaunched after a few episodes and moved to a different night where it got clobbered by Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. After that the advertising disappeared, the show was interupted again, and it finally was cancelled. NBC did finally air the season finale (which was just superb!), and two other episodes. There are still 2 other episodes that were never aired.

Freaks and Geeks is now gone from NBC. Supposedly it has been picked up by Fox Family though. So far there are no details whether they'll just show reruns or actually make new shows.