First day back at work. Still dragging on play work, but I did write-up some edits, haven't changed the document though--still in the realm of scratches on paper, with some highlights also.

It's a midget week, 3 days, which makes Thursday the hump day.

At night went to see Bebel Gilberto, daughter of Astrud Gilberto & Joao Gilberto. That was good, but it didn't blow my mind. Her new album was produced by Amon Tobin (at least some of it). One song is her sing off a tune from his Permutation album. She works the crowd. The strap of her dress falls off her shoulder and she puts her hand over her eyes to shade the light so she can see the people in the front row. That's gotta be a Marilyn Monroe move.

Over the weekend Danielle and I watched Time of the Gypsies directed by Emir Kusturica (who really needs to be noded, but I don't have time right now). His film Underground is one of my all-time favorites, and I own a copy and happen to be taking it to work today to lend a friend. The point was in Time of the Gypsies the jerk gangster tells Perhan's sister that the operation (which she never receives) will give her "legs like Marilyn Monroe". There are links everywhere (not just on E2}). I like links.