Why not have a Jedi as a religion? It could hardly be the worst thing ever to wear that title. Look at the number of suicide cults in the world, fueled not by belef, but money and all too often something much more sinister.

I am not particuarly a star wars fanatic, and have ony a common knowledge of George Lucas' ideas behind the Jedi, but from what I do know of it, the world prbably wouldn't be a worse place for it's existence as a religion. The Jedi is a is peaceful person with a moral sence of justice and what is right. They have strong adherence to a code of honour and allegiance to a panel or council that governs them. Most of all the Jedi don't seem to be concerned with race, size or any other prejudice, just take a look at that Yoda guy! How many times in both history and indeed the present, has a war been declared over religion. How many terrorist organisations exist solely to try and eliminate the population of another.

Religion is about personal belief, but heads of state can't seem to see that. Why do they have a barrier that allows you only to be part of an age old organistion. Does money play a part in that? or is it just that Jedi, is just a work of fiction? Thats whole new debate!