Yes, i *do* know people whose parents used this logic and reasoning when we were little. (mine tried, failed.) And still, on our block we get a herd of little ones through on saturdays, weeks where the 31st is sunday. exaggerated? maybe a little. still the true reason? yes.

An interesting twist on this one isn't that sunday is a *school* night but that it's *SUNDAY*. If it were the "school night" issue, kids would celebrate halloween once every 7 years or so. They go on monday, tuesday, etc; those are schoolnights. what's the difference?

Simply that Sunday is a "good" day, the day we all go to church and sing happy jesus songs and be good little boys and girls.

But Halloween is *Evil and Bad* (TM) because it involves ghosts and witches and devils and all-such. So you can't *possibly* celebrate halloween (much *less* samhain ^_^) on Jesus-day, that's Bad and Wrong and Evil and Not Right!


So it's alright to celebrate an "evil" holiday... except on Sunday? i *just don't get it*. If you have moral convictions against it in the first place, why *ever* do it. If you don't really have that kind of "issues" with it, what difference does it make that it's sunday? ye gods... people confuse me sometimes.