Yeah, it's lunchtime on a day that most of you are yet to experience. Being the first to see the sun of a new day fills one with a pioneering sense. "Onwards to tomorrow Sherpa Tensing! Let's find out what this day has in store for all those that follow."

Anyways, here I am at work. Little else to do other than surf and node. I phoned the employment agency and told my agent to hurry up and do her job - get me a new job. I have been bored for the most part of this year, and finally I have had enough and want to move on to a job where I actually have to work to earn my pay cheque at the end of the fortnight. She said that Monday should bring news. She is putting me towards a job that doesn't quite pay enough. You see I have this final goal left in life that I must achieve. It goes something like this:

Some may consider this a GTKY node (hence it is in a Day Log), so read no further...

Since I was twelve, I have had various goals set in life for myself. I always knew I would get into computing, so at the age of 14 I was taking typing classes at school whilst my other mates took woodwork and metalwork. I knew I would be into management, so took extra classes in Accounting and people management skills outside of school. I went to University and Polytech to earn enough qualification to score my first IT job. I have now, after 8 years of working, reached all but one of my goals. My final goal is to be earning $100K before I am 30. I have a couple of months to go, and a few grand extra required in my pay.

What do I do when I reach those goals? I have no idea. Will I feel a sense of achievement with my life? More likely I will then be lost. I have been striving for the last few years, as I ticked off achievements on my list and saw I was easily meeting them, to come up with new goals. I draw a blank when I try. I have no idea where to, or how from here. I try to look on the bright side and call it "green fields" or "into the unknown", but truthfully I realise it is a huge sense of lack of direction from here on in until I find that next set of goalposts.

I now trudge on, my career moving more sideways than up. I am fairly confident that I can reach that final goal no problems, but that is more of a concern than excitement at this stage.

Oh well, we forge on ahead, hoping that perhaps tomorrow might bring that unexpected pleasant twist of fate. That spark of unpredictability that makes us realise just what life is really about.

To Infinity and Beyond!