I'm somehow getting very good at sleeping through the middle 90% of movies, being awake for the first 5 minutes and somehow rousing myself for the climax-denouement-conclusion. The video store owner was cackling in delight when I said that it was "that kind of night" (resulting in our renting Happiness). Framework laid down for the au gratis enjoyment of further fine films in their comfortable company, notably Underground, The City of Lost Children (dubbed, unfortunately) and Babe: Pig in the City, and possibly some episodes of Serial Experiments: Lain. Aw bjyeah.

Getting chased out of the apartment's pool at 1 am. Feels like I haven't swum in a pool for maybe seven years, and though that can't be right, I can doubtless count the times since then on one hand. Yikes! The guy in the sauna with us who I'd never met before was co-sysop with me of The Screaming Tomato, back in '94. Freak out. Blown away by home-made shepherd's pie, all organic, vegan (I, asking Wouldn't that make it sheep's pie?) - with the exception of thext's brief assault on veganity, people actually preparing food have been absent from my life for so long I can't conceive of food-preparation more complex than boiling, my sole cooking operand.

I'm really getting to learn to love sleeping on their carpet. Pre-awakeness sunlight seems to be doing good things to me. Nugget of concept / writing art unearthed while entangled in blankets (sampling pop music to pronounce a statement criticizing popular culture). Now if I can just find the cause of that high-pitched whine in my recording setup...

The waitress at the Templeton took my phone number to pass on to the artist who was previously exhibiting on their walls so I can get a print of "You don't have to be beautiful or intelligent to fall in love."

Tongue Stomp open stage tonight for the first time in forever. Will endeavour to come up with some new syllables to recite, will dig around for older ones for padding. (poetic equivalent of a 'gay deceiver'?) Will arrive a couple of hours early that I might make good use of their pathetic, tuneless piano in the back and massage some Mendelssohn and Chopin into its tired teeth.

Everything Observations: According to my user-search-by-reputation, sex is now fittingly (would that make a pun?) adjoining things I am ashamed of, while love is courting anomie. While it's true that you can find meaning wherever you look for it, these arbitrary watermarks continue to delight me.

It seems that the Everything community really likes (Ching!s, Page of Cool citations) about 5% of my posted creative writing and has a mild distaste (single digit negative reputation) for the remainder of it. Mental note: post more writing in the middle of the night to avoid the cursory disapproval of new-nodes-surfers.

in our last episode... | p_i-logs | and then, all of a sudden...