After three days of constant snow and freezing rain—these two alternating to create an interesting landscape—the sun finally decided to show its sore eye through the clouds. Oh, happy day! There is currently a quarter-inch think sheet of ice over both my windows as the freezing rain produces interesting effects and the sun was not strong enough to vanquish my chilly foe. I still can't see out my window, not that there is much to see.

The sunshine correlated with my waking to find my body did not feel like it had been sat on by a large pachyderm while I slept. This past week has seen me slouching my way through either a rather nasty cold or mild flu. It's hard to continue one's daily duties when their head and lungs are full of axle grease. I slept through yesterday and that seemed to do the trick. I woke today feeling more or less normal, coughing up the remnants of the disease.

Tomorrow will find me on the road again, south through the mountains to the city where I must help beautiful girl move into her new apartment following the total rational collapse of her roommate. I pray for sunshine as secluded mountain roads plus snowfall of any sort equals yours truly backwards in a ditch.

From outside I hear amplified tribal drums. The neighbors around the corner are whooping it up again. I wish I could simply lob a grenade over into their apartment and be done with it. Strike that, I'm not into death. Perhaps a combination electronic disruption/sterility bomb. Destroy their stereo while keeping the fuckers from producing any waterhead spawn.
Jesus, did I just write that?