Here's the News as of 11am Central European Time!
_____________________________________________________________________

International Hearld Tribune (www.iht.com)

Euro Zone, And ECB, Are Stalked by Inflation
Inflation in the euro zone increased in April to its highest level since November, figures showed Wednesday, intensifying the pressure on the European Central Bank six days after it cut interest rates while citing an outlook for lower inflation.

For Berlusconi, Chance to Leave Rightist Ally Out of Government
Silvio Berlusconi, Italy's presumptive prime minister, met with the Italian president Wednesday on his way to forming a government that analysts said would not necessarily have to include his controversial rightist ally, the Northern League.

Palestinians' Deaths Were Mistake, Israel Says
An Israeli official on Wednesday called the army's killing of five Palestinian police officers earlier this week a case of mistaken identity, and Foreign Minister Shimon Peres said he regretted the deaths.

U.S. Muzzles Its Own Expert on China's Nuclear Labs
A retired American nuclear weapons scientist and intelligence analyst who made extensive, authorized trips to secret Chinese nuclear arms facilities in the 1990s is locked in a dispute with the U.S. government over whether he can publish a 500-page memoir detailing his and other little-known contacts between U.S. and Chinese nuclear scientists during the period.

Facing the Taboo of Polygamy
For a half-century, prosecutors in this state rich with a religious tradition of polygamy have tried to look the other way when it came to enforcing laws against multiple marriages. But the authorities said they could no longer ignore Tom Green.

It's Still 'No' on Shield, China Says After Talks With U.S. Envoy
China and the United States remain at odds over a proposed U.S. missile defense shield, but initial talks on the issue were constructive, a U.S. envoy said Wednesday.

Spotlight (Finally) Fades on Marcos Wealth
She is best known as the woman who loved to flaunt it, but after decades in the spotlight, Imelda Marcos has finally been eclipsed - and perhaps she is happy about that.

______________________________________________________________________

New York Times (www.nytimes.com)

Bush Calls Energy Shortage Most Serious Since 1970s
President Bush's energy plan proposes loosening regulations on oil and gas exploration, continuing conservation-minded efforts and reconsidering a ban on the reprocessing of nuclear fuel.

U.S.-British Plan Seeks to Restore Trade With Iraq
Britain, backed by the United States, will propose next week that the United Nations lift the 11-year ban on international trade with Iraq.

Pentagon Review Puts Emphasis on Long-Range Arms in Pacific
A confidential Pentagon strategy review casts the Pacific as the most likely region for a military conflict and calls for new long-range arms to counter China's military power.

Las Vegas Casinos Shift Stand, Backing Internet Wagering
In a sharp reversal, several of Las Vegas's most powerful casinos no longer want to ban Internet gambling, and some are exploring technology for gambling in cyberspace.

_____________________________________________________________________

BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/)

Prescott defends scuffle
Labour's election campaign is overshadowed by the UK deputy prime minister's involvement in a fight.

Allies plan to ease Iraq sanctions
Britain and the US are seeking to lift UN trade sanctions against Iraq, leaving only military goods subject to controls.

Railtrack appoints new chairman
Railtrack appoints "straight-talking engineer" John Robinson, head of RJB mining, as its new chairman after a six-month search.

Rebels face Macedonia deadline
Ethnic Albanian rebels must lay down their arms within the next few hours or risk military action which could tip Macedonia into civil war.

Obesity link to cancer
One in 10 cancers affecting non-smokers is caused by the sufferer being overweight, say researchers.

______________________________________________________________________

Panapress (http://www.panapress.com/english/)

Ethiopia welcomes lifting of UN arms embargo
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Authorities in Addis Ababa have welcomed the decision of the UN Security Council "not to extend" the arms embargo it imposed on Ethiopia and Eritrea one year ago during their border conflict that ended with the signing of a comprehensive OAU-brokered peace agreement last December.

Bush slates trade meeting with Africa for October
New York, US - President George W. Bush Wednesday made a major tatement on Africa announcing that a trade and economic forum between African and US officials would take place in Washington 4-5 October.

Rights Group wants France to investigate alleged war crimes
Dakar, Senegal - The French government should launch an official investigation into allegations of war crimes and crimes against humanity by French forces in Algeria, Human Rights Watch urged Wednesday.

Cape Verde launches diplomatic offensive,
Praia, Cape Verde - Cape Verde plans to strengthen its diplomatic contacts with its main development partners with a view to ensuring continuity of official aid to the archipelago, Cape Verdian foreign, co-operation and communities minister Manuel Inocencio Sousa has said.

Police re-arrest fugitive murder suspect
Oshakati, Namibia- Namibia police say they have re-arrested a run-away murder suspect who allegedly macheted his girlfriend to death.

_____________________________________________________________________

China Daily (www.chinadaily.com.cn)

It's down... check back latter!!!