I must say that this statement is true from personal experience. I'm not just talking about how I open doors, give women my jacket, or otherwise be chivalrous. I am generally a nice guy. I listen to my friends, help them through problems, and I am there for them when they need.

Many of my female friends, some of them single, tell me, "Any girl would be lucky to go out with me." However, if they say that and believe that, why don't they go out with me. Instead, they go out with these jerks. Whenever these jerks hurt them they come to me crying. I help them through the tough time. Sometimes I think that I have touched them personally or emotionally, that maybe they think of me differently now. However, once they are feeling better another jerk comes along, and I am essentially downgraded back to my position as the nice guy friend and nothing more.

I figured that going to college would change some things. However, everything is just the same. I instantly became friends with many girls who would come to me asking me about what they should do about specific guys since I'm such a nice guy.

The friends that I had before college still treat me as the nice guy. No sooner did I visit back home did one girl tell me about her latest boyfriend. The worst part is, she told me that I make her laugh like no one else does and she wants to be my friend forever, and yet she continues talking about her latest fling. If I'm such a nice guy, can make this girl laugh like no one else, and she loves me enough to want to be my friend forever, why don't we go out, ever.

Finally, probably the nicest guy I can think of is Jesus Christ. How many dates did he go on? I rest my case.