Since there was a blank node already occupying the virtual sphere of the title I thought I may contribute as well..

An underachieving novel by Irvine Welsh. Filth tells about ultimately corrupt, self-centered, fuckhead cop Bruce Robertson. He's leading an investigation of murder of a black man; a topped coon, as the racist pig like our friend Robbo (Bruce's nick) would have put it. Of course, the story takes place in Edinburgh and we may spot few characters from previous work by Welsh: Spud, Begbie and Juice Terry, just to name some.

Bruce Robertson does nothing to proceed with the investigation. Instead he does a lot to poison the life of his so-called mates, abuses petty-criminals using the authority of police, shags just about every woman, snorts charlie, undermines every other colleaque in the race for promotion and does his best to keep the façade of happy family.

If there's something positive to say about the novel it's the final solution but it still fails to make the reading experience worthwhile. Anyway, I'm not going to reveal it here. Summasummarum, we would have needed few more detailed minor characters and maybe more stories by the worm. Endy fuckin story, spastics.