I should be at school. I should be in English right now and having lunch in less than 15 minutes. Instead, however, I'm sitting here typing on my Thinkpad and being quite sick.

One might ask why? I don't know. That's just the way things go, sometimes we get sick and can't do our routine. One might ask how did I become sick, and I can only say I'm not quite sure. I came back from Austin yesterday afternoon and had a huge headache (I am slightly prone to motion sickness) after rough landings and taking offs from a stop at Phoenix and again when I came back to Los Angeles.

Well, one might be curious as to ask, "what did you do in Austin?" I was at the NAQT Quiz Bowl Nationals. Our team didn't win, but we gained much interested from the student body to join, so I suppose it worked out alright. I really wish our team would have studyed harder. For the past month or so leading up to this weekend we had really sporatic meetings, AP testing and what not were getting in the way. Still, if we really wanted to study, we would have made time. *Sigh* Oh well, now we need to figure out who will be team captain for next year only 3 of the 8 of us are juniors.

We left on Sunday, after a night of walking in downtown Austin. It really does live up to its name of "Live Music Capitol of the World" though. My first interstate trip has also made me love Los Angeles a little bit more. The humidity in Austin was terrible although the fact that I live in the 2nd largest metropolitan area in the United States also made me rather surprised when they said what "rush hour" traffic was. There was hardly any cars at Austin International Airport and even less so on the city's main freeway, Interstate 35.

I guess I'll stop my 1st day log now. I'm getting a really bad headache and I have something I need to finish, I'm doomed. It's the last week of school.