So Mom's visit is over as of this morning at 8.

Last night was the only time we actually got to talk by ourselves, without my aunt being around. After hanging around the mall for a couple of hours (mom's a shopaholic) and food at Applebee's, she sat in the passenger seat of my car, and we drove to my apartment, because she wanted to see where I'm living.

I gave her the Grand Tour of the living room/kitchenette and bedroom/bathroom, and then she sat on one of the three chairs in the apartment. I sat on its twin, and brought out the photo albums, to make the visit seem more like a real visit than an cabin inspection at summer camp. Then, after talking about the pictures, my hairy upper lip when I was 12 years old and how waxing is such a blessing, we started driving back to my aunt's house.

She asked me if I was moving in with Collins when I moved up to Milwaukee, and I said obviously not, as we've only been together for 5 months so far, and, being so young, one year into a relationship is way too soon to move in together.

(This morning I had a dream in which my aunt said that 19 wasn't too young to get married.)

Then she said said that I really should try to not get pregnant. I think she was secretly hoping that I would deny that I am sexually active. I told her that she didn't need to worry about that, and hoped she would leave it at that. But, of course, she couldn't.

"Are you on the pill?"
"No, the shot."
"Which shot?"
"Depo."

And then she went off on a rant about how I should be abstinent, because I couldn't be sure that Collins isn't cheating on me, and I could catch an STD. "Uh, no, mom, I actually trust him."

"You trust him? How can you trust him?"
"How can I not? We're in a relationship, ferchrissake! I wouldn't be with him if I didn't trust him."
"Men are all dicks. You shouldn't trust him."
"Mom, did you get a bad feeling about him, or something?"
"No, not at all. He seems like an okay guy. But he must be a dick. He has one. It comes with the Y-Chromosome."

The sad thing is that she really believes that.

Then, for a couple of hours, I was absolutely paranoid. Mom really has a way of shaking me up. What if she's right, and I'm way too naïve?

I talked with Collins.

"Jeez, Jen, calm down! Right now, we're young. Know that I love you and you love me, and that's all we need to know. I'll never cheat on you. It's just not the kind of guy I am. Maybe we won't be together forever, but that's just because we're so young. But who knows? But for now, it's just you, and me, and our love, and stuff."

I believe him.