Dream a little dream of...



So, we've got a new dream nodetype. Here's the reasoning.

The dreamlogs have been stagnating over the last few years and it's gotten to the point where people interested in reading the dreamlogs have no idea as to what days to look on - new content was falling by the wayside unless an admin saw it and C!ed it, which was a rarity. It's made less and less sense to have a separate section for them anymore, so we're consolidating them into the daylogs.

Here's the deal: We've made the dream nodetype available from any node (no, not just the logs). If you have a dream writeup, post it in the daylogs as a "dream" and go about your business. Like any other daylog, dreams in the daylogs won't be nuked unless absolutely necessary.

If, however, you feel a writeup can stand on its own outside the daylogs and you'd like to use the dream nodetype in the nodegel proper, feel free, but keep in mind that outside the safety of the daylogs our content rules still apply.


I'm organizing a quest for mid-July (tentatively titled DreamQuest 2007) to get us all used to the new system and to publicize it a bit, and Brawl's working on a tool to reparent old dreamlogs to their associated daylogs to keep things nice and tidy. In the meantime, have fun with it.


Any problems or concerns (as always) let me know.



--Jack