This Margarita recipe debuted at the recent gathering in North Carolina.

For references, please contact ccunning, JaubertMoniker, and Void_Ptr. There were others, but I was drinking them too and the whole night is kind of blurry.

Ingrediants:

  • Premium Tequila. I used Patron Anejo. It is expensive, but just about the best you can buy.
  • Grand Marnier. This really can't be substituted. Sorry.
  • 1 lime per drink. A real lime, no fake juice stuff.
  • A little sugar.
While you are mixing the liquids, you can have your test subject cutting and squeezing the lime into a separate container.

Mix one part tequila(about two ounces), one part Grand Marnier, and a pinch of sugar into a martini shaker. (I'm sure a regular glass or something would work, but style counts.) When the lime juice is ready, it should come out to be about 1 part lime juice, but a little less is fine. Pour it into the mixer.

Add ice to the shaker. Shake well, then strain into a glass. Serve.

Salt: If you want to salt the rim of the glass: run a piece of the lime around the rim of the glass. Pour some salt into a small saucer. Kosher salt works best. Put the glass upside down in the salt, and move it around.


NOTE: If you were paying attention, you noticed that there is not a lot of mixer diluting the alchohol in this margarita. It is, in fact, as strong as most shots you will order in your local bar. You have been warned.