I'd like to say a big thank you to Wntrmute and Gin Soaked (La Petite Mort and The Debutante) for a great Edinburgh nodermeet, breaking my duck as it was my first one. I arrived about lunchtime on Saturday, meeting Wntrmute, Gin Soaked and Dtal at the flat. The girls were soon hard at work in the kitchen, and I did my best to help by washing dishes, etc. Once Sam512 arrived, laptops and Iphones were much in evidence, and we were treated to a viewing of Wntrmute's robot. It was a little strange using everyone's real names, while having their e2 names in the back of your head. Dtal and I had a short pillowfight at one point - no real blood drawn!

Gradually more and more people arrived, including a few of Wntrmute's mathematician friends, Oolong, Diotina, and Pavlovna. Dtal's incense-sticks were eventually replaced by scented candles. The Ninjagirls served up delicious mini-pizzas catering to all dietary tastes (kosher, veggie, vegan, etc) - and there were cakes! - and lots of alcohol, as you'd expect.

It was really nice to put faces to the names on the screen, and share lots of e2 in-jokes and chat about other noders. Comparisons were made between the merits of "metric fucktons" and "imperial assloads". The delights of cold feet in bed were discussed. Noders are certainly a friendly lot!

The robot was paraded again, this time on the floor crawling up to my feet, and the chat continued until about 3am, when everyone crashed out on the floor, under various duvets and sleeping bags, waking gradually from their corpse-like state around 10:30. I left not long after, having had a wonderful first nodermeet. Thank you all!