Tonight I got to live out one of my dreams.

My coworker, Linda, and I flew into Chicago this afternoon for a training class we will be attending this week. We were shooting to make it in time to see Blue Man Group's show tonight, but it just was too hectic to make it out there in time. So we decided to check out some of the local pizza places. As we were walking down, we passed Howl at the Moon, a dueling piano bar that we happen to have one of in Tampa. After dinner we stopped back in to Howl at the Moon. We were about 45 minutes early but waited it out.

As the musicians started playing, I told Linda that one of my fantasies was to be in a place like this, and have their drummer not show up and them ask me to play. It turns out that on Sundays they only have three piano players and a MC, and after talking to them they invited me up on stage. We started off with Enter Sandman by Metallica, and ended with Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. It was probably the best 8-song set I have ever had the privilege of playing, and with some amazing musicians. They invited me back anytime, but I explained that we were only here until Thursday, then heading home.

Now hopefully the rest of the trip will be as smooth. We are staying at the House of Blues and tomorrow we are going to see some goth band that is playing here called Tapping the Vein, so we'll see. And in the midst of all this we *do* have training to attend.

Me smiles and heads to bed.


Best quote of the evening:
Allen:All piano players secretly want to be drummers
Cory: Well, all drummers secretly want to be piano players as well. The problem is that it is much cheaper to replace the drum heads than piano keyboards when we drool on them

BuhDuhDoom *crash*