So I ended up waiting for the usual bus, but this time it was at night, across from the gas station. I sauntered on over to the stop after some wild apple juice drinking.

With my plastic 64 oz in tow I stopped under the bus stand. The hollow wing which provides a sense of purpose for standing around with strangers on a cold night.

I was a little frightened to wait for the bus even though it was not too late. I usually just walked home for it was only one stop away. But I waited. I was not alone.

There was a couple, a young self-confident woman with curls and olive complexion with her beau, a confident smoothie in a good way. This is all first appraisal mind you, I have no idea who these people are. Same for the guy in the trench coat and the guy with the glasses.

What did distract me beyond that, beyond the roar of constant traffic, was the wail of three sirens exploring their sexual powers. Or some girls on the way back home or to the mall. Same thing.

They were hooting and hollering at cars/men passing by. Appraising and suggesting with their form fitting fashionable clothes and painted faces. High school. Maybe even junior high.

A suitor up to no good meandered from the parking lot next to the bus stop. He left his car in the lot but the smell of trouble was not too far away.

My eye caught this figure and the brief interaction with the she-teens made me conclude that these girls may get themselves into a bad situacion.

The thouhgt frightened me so I let it go but it retured. How sad and scary and dangerous it can be and it is all just possibility. I just did not like the idea of perceived innocence being lost.

I took a step and retreated.

But than I approached the young women. They seemed so hopeful, so young.

"Excuse me"

"Yes"

"Do you know your behavior is drawing a lot attention?"

"Do not worry we will be okay, we will not be going with him anyway."

"That is good to hear. Just from my experience though I hope you three be careful."

"Thanks",they said each in their own way.

You had to be there though! You really did! They seemed like really nice people.

It never occurred to me before.