After years of experience in the Food Service Industry (I wait tables), let me tell you The Facts:
1) Waiters/Waitresses make their living off the tips.
2) The food's quality is the responsibility of the cooks, not the server.
3) Many times, if food arrives different than ordered, then the cooks or the expeditor is responsible, not the server.
4) Servers have to deal with a lot of assholes in a day, don't be one of those assholes.
5) Tip Scale for assholes, rural hicks, royal bitches, and ethnic or foriegn idiots:
0% for bad service,
5% for good service,
10% for excellent service
6) Tip Scale for everyone else:
5% for bad service,
10% for mediocre service,
15% for good service,
20% for excellent service
7) If you can't afford to tip for service, Eat Fast Food!
8) If you dont like to tip for service, Eat Fast Food!
9) If you are cheap, Eat Fast Food!
10) If you understand all of the above, then Welcome to Friday's! :)