First off, I'm stuck here in Little Rock for a while, seeing as how I live here with my parents until after high school. So come hang out with my friends and me (e-mail jercar@aristotle.net). When that gets old, you're almost out of luck, because there isn't much left to do.

For the music lovers, you can catch at least one show a week at Vino's, a restaurant, on Chester St. Just get on the Interstate headed East until you see the Chester Street exit, turn left at the light (over the bridge), and stay on Chester through the second intersection after the bridge. As you approach the second stoplight, look to your right. If there's a show that night, good luck finding a spot in the lot next door. Try parking behind the fire station, past the intersection on the left. Also, if you get a chance, check out my artwork in the non-smoking room at Vino's.

During the day, before 7PM, check out Rod's record store, "Astropop" down the street. To get there, step outside the front door of Vino's, turn left, and follow the sidewalk about a half block. Next door to Astropop is a really funky giftstore that sells all kinds of novelties, including life-size cardboard cutouts of everyone who's ever been on TV and lots of dirty products that you'd be surprised to find anywhere in public. I've been there once, and I think that did me for the rest of my life.

For more shows, ask around at Vino's. They'll probably tell you to check out another restaurant called Juanita's, but a lot of shows are private or hard to find. If you're lucky, you'll be able to catch a show at Clunk Music Hall in Fayetteville. It's quite a drive, but you can usually catch bigger bands stopping through there and maybe even hitch a ride if you'll chip in for gas money. Last time I went, it was Death Cab for Cutie, which rocked my socks OFF.

For the yuppie, intellectual, bookish, book worm, book lovers, yes, we do have a big whopping Barnes & Noble Booksellers with a Starbucks Cafe and a nice outdoor patio and a music section that sells expensive DVDs. My friend Annie works there at the cafe. Also check out Best Buy. We do have a few nice stores if you're into that sort of thing. For the finest breakfast all day long, check out one of our Waffle Houses. The one across from Best Buy is the cleanest.

Little Rock is a horrible horrible little city, but, if you're a nature lover that likes to go to an occasional party, it ain't bad. If not, don't venture outside the city or you'll be ambushed by redneck culturalists.

Alright. I live here in Little Rock, on University st.. At any time during the night you can see something going on down here. It's the apex where West Little Rock meets the Heights meets East side and Geyer Springs, otherwise known as 09ville, pronun: "on-nighun-vill".

The secret to this city is people. You must know people. People means parties or get-togethers, means girls, means sex and alcohol, if that's your thing. For the artsy type there's lots of arts centers and cafes. Kavanaugh, and downtown there are lots of places for the artsy southerner. For the partier, you have NiteLife here on University, and Planet Earth, or "scurf", down at the bottom of Cantrel rd. Electric Cowboy is down I-40 in North side right off of the highway. You have the various bars around the city. The most famous are West End on Shackelford and Markham. I've heard of Cousins, and bar/restaurants like Faded Rose. If you are a druggie, have no fear. When I was 16 it was easier to get dope or weed than it was to get cigarettes.

No, the key to this city is a deep social immersion. I see a lot of the more "artsy" types that are real anti-social. They're afraid to go to parties and the uncountable keg-parties and drunken-social parties down the road in Conway, they have never been to a club, and all they like to do is go to a cafe or a place like Vino's or Juanitas and sit with the same boring ass friends as always. Get out there, meet people damnit.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.