In the 1990s, El Fisico Nuclear ("The Nuclear Physicist") was a lucha-libre style wrestler based in Los Angeles, who grappled in the Incredibly Strange Wrestling league and who claimed to be an Ancient Astronaut. A tecnico (a good guy, known as a face in North American pro wrestling) hid his identity behind a wrestling mask covered in equations and radiation symbols. As the world's mightiest physicist, El Fisico stood as a role model to children and scientists everywhere, and relentlessly fought to advance his three-pronged goal of "Truth! Science! Fair Play!".

El Fisico's chief rival was a rudo named Vandal Drummond, a heel whose ring persona was a malevolent New Ager. Drummond's long, untidy red hair was shorn by El Fisico in a mask-vs-hair match.

El Fisico's surreal gimmick won him a cult following among the overeducated and underemployed. A newsletter devoted to the man and his matches (if he hadn't wrestled in a while they simply made up the cards and their results) circulated on an irregular basis. He was enshrined on a handful of now-defunct Web sites, and one prankster slipped his name in among the cast listings for several B-movies on imdb.com.

The performer behind the mask possessed an advanced degree in physics and taught high school science.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.