Do you ever get the feeling that you're worthless?

I've felt that way a lot recently. I lost a good job a week ago, I've been sleeping from sunrise to sunset, my financial situation is slipping out of control, and to top it all off, I can't find a job to save my life.

I want to get over it...

I've been hanging out with friends more often since my termination, and they are all supportive and understanding. I thank each and every one of them, from the bottom of my heart for all of their support and effort in helping me. I'm going out today in search of a good job.

But it's always there.

Bills. Insurance. Parking Violations. Credit Card Debt. Just when you think that you are making progress, it all comes crashing back down on you like a ton of bricks. That empty, worthless feeling invades your personal space agian so quick you don't even get the chance to react.

So why try to do anything about it?

When I finally am able to catch up in my personal life, what more will I have? I will be in a void of financial responsibility. I will have a job, a car, a place of residence, and a family. If the feeling of worthlessness is about not being able to improve your life, why does it also exist once you have reached that utopian state?

Only time will tell.