Plastic wrap is not for microwaving. The manufacturers of this product have been misrepresenting it for years. Any sugar or fat in contact with the food being heated causes meltage of the plastic wrap. Stinky. Icky. This is in my food???

A much better solution to ending splatter while microwaving is to invert a bowl over the food to be cooked. As long as the bowl is microwave-safe, it'll be microwave transparent. The bowl will also hold in heat far better than any unstable long-chain aliphatic polymer. Let food items with poor microwave penetration characteristics sit for a while, and they'll become isothermal in no time.