Gemma and I drove to Sydney early Thursday morning, with the two dogs in the back seat. I'd found a very funky hotel in Darlinghurst that welcomes guest's doggies, so we thought we'd take them along.

I spent Thursday in back-to-back meetings in the capacity of my new job -- mostly meeting and greeting. Had a tour through a hosting facility under one of the strictest NDAs I'd ever signed. What I saw inside this bunker absolutely blew me away, and I'm pissed that I can't share it with anyone. Suffice to say that some hosting companies have facilities that modern conventional warfare couldn't take down..

Dinner on Thursday night was at a chi-chi restaurant on Balmoral Beach, called Bather's Pavillion (Serge Dansereau, Chef). There were 15 of us, and as a result of the numbers only a short restricted menu was available. I found the food to be universally disappointing and over-hyped, and the prices on the wine list were just frickin' outrageous. I cannot understand why an already top-priced restaurant has to charge 500% on their bottles.

We got back to the hotel after midnight, with the dogs patiently waiting for us. They're such good dogs. We went for a little trot around Darlinghurst Road and then I fell into bed and slept.

Yesterday I had errands all over Sydney, we got through the traffic by maybe 3pm which got us home at 6-ish.

This morning I've installed a new wireless base station, as I lost my last one when I resigned from the Agency. This one, a 3Com Home Wireless Gateway, went in really easily. It'll take over firewalling duties from galaga, our home server.

Finishing my coffee now, must get to the office for a few hours. An old friend, Stu, is coming down to Canberra while I type, and he'll be wanting to see the Monet & Japan exhibition at the National Gallery, followed by pints. So I gotta get a few hours in before he gets here..

PS: to the cowardly systematic downvoter: you are pathetic.