Small apartment, possibly even a studio (no, not the artist kind, this is the all-in-one-room-why-am-I-living-in-the-city-with-this-outrageous-rent-anyhow kind), where single men (women have them too!!!) live. I suppose some people have the modern-day equivalents of the hi-fi systems (big-screen TV with a DVD player?), but to me, there are more essential elements to this type of dwelling that have nothing to do with picking up women:
- paper towels, paper plates, plastic spoons, knives, forks.... minimize those dishes
- a television set, VCR and/or DVD player... rentals are cheaper, easier entertainment
- stocked fridge... No, not full of fresh veggies. With real food... Yes, I do mean beer. Lots of beer. this is to accompany the cheap entertainment
- phone book, with the pizza place's number written on the cover to save time finding the number. save room in the fridge for the leftover pizza
- microwave Pizza gets old eventually... but if you nuke it long enough it kills most living things.
- desk, covered with bills an unfortunate element... Keep them on the desk so you'll know where they are. Having the phone and/or electricity disconnected sucks.
- answering machine there is occasional social activity
- two drawers devoted to white clothes... the laundry cycle is only as long as you can keep clean underwear stocked
It may not be exciting
. You might be scared to let your parents or date visit. But its home