There is an Isle (also known simply as "The Isle") is a song with an important connection to Irish rugby. It is the anthem and victory song of Limerick's Shannon Rugby Club, one of the country's top club sides in recent years. Many other standards have become associated with Irish Rugby over the years, including Molly Malone (often sung at Irish international matches) and The Fields of Athenry (which has become associated with Munster, even though Athenry is in the province of Connacht), but none has as deep a connection with the sport as "There is an Isle".

The lyrics of the song are a Scottish poem, which was put to music in 1924 by Limerick schoolteacher Anna Maria Lynch. It seems to have been adopted almost immediately by Shannon fans, and has been sung after Shannon victories ever since. Traditionally, the singing is led by one singer, with each line being repeated by the crowd. This makes for a genuinely stirring rendition. The song's power to affect a crowd was confirmed in John Breen's recent play Alone It Stands, which takes its title from a line in the song. Fans of any rugby club could not fail to be roused by the rendition of "There is an Isle" which closes the play.

There is an Isle
A bonnie Isle
Stands proudly from
Stands proudly from the sea
And dearer far than all this world
Is that dear Isle
Is that dear Isle to me
It is not that alone it stands
Where all around is fresh and fair
But because, it is my native land
And my home, my home is there
But because, it is my native land
And my home, my home is there

Farewell, farewell
Though lands may meet
May meet my gaze
My gaze where e're I roam
I shall not find
A spot so fair
As that dear Isle
As that dear Isle to me
It is not that alone it stands
Where all around is fresh and fair
But because, it is my native land
And my home, my home is there
But because, it is my native land
And my home, my home is there