These are a few things that I acquired about Jim Morrison's final resting place, as I visited some sites a while back and decided to post it as information about his grave. hey maybe some one will be inspired to visit this place and get pictures and they can send me some.


All fans should start their memorial tour by paying a visit to Jim's grave in Père Lachaise Cemetery in the Southeast of Paris. While there, visit other famous graves such as Oscar Wilde, Edith Piaf, Honore de Balzac and Frederic Chopin. Jim himself visited here with a friend less than a week before his death. He supposedly expressed his desire at this time to be buried in Père Lachaise. He did not know how meaningful his statement would be.
The cemetery is open Monday-Friday from 7:30AM-6PM. During the summer it opens on Saturdays at 8:30AM and on Sundays at 9AM. In the winter it opens on Saturdays at 8AM and on Sundays at 9AM. If you want to be alone at the grave you should arrive very early. After l0AM there seems to be a constant stream of visitors as well as guided tours. The silence is then disturbed. Jim's grave is the fourth most visited site in Paris after the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral and the Pompidou Center.
Do not stay in the Cemetery after closing time and whatever you do, do not try to climb the walls it is nearly impossible now. Dogs patrol the cemetery. There are two hidden video cameras watching Jim's grave 24 hours a day, which are watched at the guardhouse. One of them is hidden in the fake street lamp on the right next to the grave. The other is supposed to be in one of those trees in the back. Both cameras catch every move at the grave. And, do not try to write graffiti because it is a 5,000-Franc fine.
Directions to Jim's grave: It is located in the 6th division, second line. From the metro, exit at the station called Philippe Auguste. On the right you will see a bar named Le Celtic on the other side of the street. Follow Rue Pierre Bayle up right next to this bar which leads to the walls of Père Lachaise, turn left into Rue de Repos until you see a small gate on your right. Go into the cemetery through this gate and go towards the right. Turn right onto the next street and left again onto the next street which leads you directly to Jim's grave up the hill. Up the hill you will see a rusty monument in front of you. Follow the narrow path between this one and the one of the left. After a very few feet you'll see Jim's grave on your left, hopefully covered with flowers.