SolidWorks is a kick ass CAD program. It does everything AutoCAD does better. (I have too say i may be a little biased because i work there) Here is the official company statement of what we do

SolidWorks Corporation, a Dassault Systèmes S.A. (Nasdaq: DASTY, Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) company, develops and markets mechanical design software solutions. Founded in 1993, SolidWorks' mission is to deliver the power of 3D to everybody in design and manufacturing. In 5 years of shipping product, SolidWorks has shipped more than 131,000 total seats of software consisting of over 73,000 commercial seats and more than 58,000 educational seats worldwide. SolidWorks has offices worldwide and distributes its products through a network of resellers selling in 70 countries. For the latest news, information, or a live online demonstration, visit the company's Web site (www.solidworks.com)

Basically you can do anything with this program from making simple drawings to full blown 3D design with almost no training at all. We have some real big companies design their stuff with us. I'm not sure if i am allowed to tell you who, so i won't for now. Check out the online streaming 3D it's pretty bad ass. You'll like it i promise.