Six Seacons combine to form Piranacon!

SEACON: PIRANACON

FUNCTION: UNDERSEA WARRIOR
"Underwater, no one can hear you scream."

A monolithic menace. The diabolical combination of the five Seacons who comprise him. Master at undersea warfare. Few Autobots can outdistance him or escape his evil clutches. Destroys everything in his path with ghoulish glee. A troublemaker and malcontent. Rarely follows orders. Fellow Decepticons are unable to control him. Capable of creating colossal tidal waves over 300 feet high. Because of his incredible size, Piranacon's reflexes are impaired out of water. Armed with the Seacons' entire arsenal of firepower.

  • Strength: 9
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 10
  • Skill: 6
Transformers Tech Specs


Piranacon was a sort of Targetmaster -- in fact, all the Seacons were described this way -- because in addition to having sea monster and robot modes, each of the smaller Seacons could transform into a standalone gun. Of course, these "guns" usually involved nothing more than folding up the monster's legs and sticking a gun barrel in his neck or feet, but it did mean that Piranacon could use four of the five smaller Seacons to form his limbs and the fifth became a handheld weapon.

The biggest downside to Piranacon was the nature of the Seacons, however -- robotic sea monsters didn't turn into robots very neatly, even less so than the Terrorcons from the previous year, and the result was that this giant robot had fins, legs, and tentacles sticking out from all of his limbs. Freaky-looking, to be sure, but one can take that either of two ways.

In the Japanese "Transformers: Masterforce" cartoon, Piranacon was renamed King Poseidon and first appeared in the episode "Destroy Ginrai".