Argh. So, they freed up some money for tech upgrades on the ship. What do they give us? They replace some 1280x1024 IPS monitors, with some 1366x768 TN panels. Yuck.

"Oh, but they're widescreen," they say.

Derp.

So, now we've downgraded. And wasted money besides. Couldn't they have given us some non-crappy switches? Or maybe at least some keyboards that don't feel like stabbing your fingers into stale marshmallows. (Yes, I have a keyboard that doesn't suck around. Well, two. A Model M and a Sun Type 7, but...)

Now, there's something I'd pay good money for - a true ultimate keyboard. Give me a wide, featureful layout like the Sun Type 5/6/7 or the Northgate Omnikey Ultra, with either IBM-style buckling springs or Cherry MX Blue keyswitches, a Cherry smart card reader, a 4-port USB hub and maybe an SD card slot. We can dispense with the zany Internet keys and other frippery, though. I wonder what it'd cost to get one made? Probably a prohibitively large amount.

In other news - moving house in two weeks. 150% more space, better internet service, nicer neighborhood, only slightly more expensive. I'm excited! Only issue is that moving furniture is going to suck, with my knee all fucked up.

Got the MRI results back - severely torn meniscus on the left, some kind of trouble on the right but since they weren't specifically looking at it, they didn't get good images, evidently. Get to see the ortho doc in a month (really? Why the long wait, guys?), almost certainly going to need surgery. That, at least, will get me off the iron bathtub for a little while.