Adolfo Aristarain directed four great spanish-speaking actors, Cecilia Roth (All About My Mother), Federico Luppi (Chronos), Juan Diego Botto and Eusebio Poncela in this great Argentine/Spanish picture.

Martin (Hache) (Hache is H) is Juan Diego Botto, whose father (Federico Luppi) has cut the links between them, until Martin tries to commit suicide by od. Martin then moves with his father, trying to find his identity. There he comes in contact with his father's girlfriend (Cecilia Roth) and a crazy gay actor (Eusebio Poncela).

The movie talks about youth, lost youth, talent, parental issues and, above all, finding your place in the universe, and it deals with touchy issues (drugs, homosexuality, sex) in a refreshingly open and sincere manner. It is perhaps a hard movie, with some hard attitudes clashing violently that are stunningly played by extremely talented actors. Federico Luppi can fill a screen just with his incredible screen presence, and conveys his character's hardness and inherent pathetism like no one. Cecilia Roth is beautiful and suitably auto-destructive. Juan Diego Botto plays the disoriented teenager appropiately and Eusebio Poncela gets some of the better scenes of the film (watch out when he freaks in the middle of a play) and some funny jokes.