F-Spot attempts to bring Apple
to Linux. Ettore Perazzoli
it before his untimely death
. Since then, it has been picked up by Larry Ewing
and will continue development
F-Spot is programmed
. The code is licensed
under the GPL
so all the code is available for public
Eventually, the program aims to have a lot of the following features
- Interface with gphoto to transfer pictures off your digital camera and load them straight into the program.
- Tags will help the user search for a photo. For example, if they tag an item with "Chicago, Cubs, Baseball, Wrigley Field" a search including any of those words would return the photo
- A Timeline will allow the user see photos taken on or around a certain date. So if I wanted to see photos taken between July 1st and August 1st, I could select that and only see those.
- Web export will create a photo gallery out of selected photos to upload to your webpage.
- Basic editing of photos will include desaturation, brightness, contrast, cropping, automatic color enhancement, and other similar concepts.
- Automatic CD-burning should also be another possiblity for the future. By clicking button, you should be able to put specified albums onto a CD.
- Last but definately not least, there is talk of including panoramic photo generation.