Marilyn Monroe, like a few other actresses gained, and lost large amounts of weight depending on whether they were filming or not. Kate Winslet, Drew Barrymore, and Alicia Silverstone are a few current day actresses who do this.

According to Allure Magazine, Marilyn would balloon up to a size 18 when she had a lull in her filming schedule, and would crash diet her way back to a "svelte" size, anywhere from a current day dress size from 8 to 12.

Kate Winslet lost 20 lbs before filming Titanic, and was told she had to loose an additional 10. At the premiere of the movie, she was 25 lbs heavier than when they were filming, and by the time she had to appear at the Academy Awards, she was thinner than she was during the filming.

Alicia Silverstone's weight between Clueless, Batman and Robin, and Love's Labour's Lost had gone up and down over 35 lbs.

And well.. Drew Barrymore she lost the baby fat for a while, it more than OBVIOUSLY came back during films like Ever After, but for Charlie's Angels she is her old Hollywood thin self.


It isn't healthy, physically. Probably not mentally either, but it is done. No you will not see a plus-sized Marilyn, standing on a subway grate with her dress flying up.. If I had a scanner handy though, I could show you pictures of her looking a bit.. shall we say heavy while sitting in her garden at her house. I don't think this is right or wrong. This is just the facts.