- / +

  • Walking with Patrick, windy out, under the green green trees, wearing his green coat. I think the other girls were jealous when we disappeared into the woods.
  • The company wanted me to go apologize to the baby the spider knocked over. I thought it was a dumb idea but there was no other way I would get to talk to that beautiful child. She laughed and laughed.
  • I tumbled over in the sand laughing. He helped me up; I knew he would. He was a stranger but I knew he would end up giving me his jacket.
  • Sitting in a tree posing for up-the-skirt shots
  • Patrick was making up songs about the new baby at his house, calling it a slimy little lizard. The black guy from Chasing Amy laughed and laughed. I was eavesdropping; Patrick was beautiful.
  • Trying to format my porn site. I wanted the top line to flash I WAS BURNED I WAS BEATEN.
  • Telling Katie Fowler about my new sneakers. They're really great, they're The Next Edge.
  • I knew there was no way I could ever convince Clairol that "color guard" did not rhyme with "lizard."
  • Walking past a car I thought I recognized in the parking lot. Was it Jason? No, it was thefez, and he was still in the car, not inside the restaurant, as I'd assumed. I panicked, but it was dark, he probably couldn't see me. I walked quietly away, keeping my eyes on him, as he sat in the car with his feet hanging out, fiddling with the radio. I hid behind a tree, listening to myself breathe.