There are several (computer
s related to Dune.
- Dune was made by Cryo (www.cryo.fr) in 1991 (iirc). It is perhaps best
described as an RPG. Shows quite a lot resemblance to the movie and the
book. For the IBM PC.
- Dune II was made by Westwood Studios in 1992, and is in no way related
to the Cryo game. This game is generally considered the first real
time strategy game for the Amiga and the PC. Prequel to the famous Command and Conquer
series. Hardly any resemblance here.
- Dune 2000, also by Westwood Studios, was released in 1998. This is basically
a revamped Dune II built around the Red Alert engine.
- Dune also has MUDs. Try telnetting to regent.nakednuns.com (port 4201),
dune3.fremen.org (port 4201) or dune.servint.com (port 8888).
- Dune is also available as a CCG, developed by Last Unicorn Games in 1997.
It's based on the movie. It's also out of production since 1998.
There are also three different version
s of the movie Dune
. The theatrical
release is about 2 hours and 10 minutes long, the Alan Smithee
about 2 hours and 47 minutes long and the third version suppose
dly is the same
as the Alan Smithee
version, except that the scenes are in a different order
"The three hour Dune
has many extra lines of dialogue
added which were
previously removed, as well as a few extra scenes. However, as this version
was released intended for television
only, several scenes were edited out as
they were considered too gruesome
for young children to watch."