Here I go again..sorry but I can't resist this.


Ok, so it is just me or has anyone else noticed the latest string of anti-drug commercials that have viciously seeped into the world of television.

I am referring here to recent commercials created by the Youth Anti-Drug Campaign. For example, there is one advertisement on T.V. that shows clips of a guns, car, etc, and throws statements at the audience like,

"Where do terrorists get their money? If you buy drugs, some of it might come from you."

Are they SERIOUS?

Again, as in other nodes related to this topic, I question their logic. I question it because, like every other paranoid reaction to the September 11th attacks, it is a display of pure and utter ignorance and stupidity.

First, the threat of terrorism is not a new phenomenon, and the U.S. government knows that and has for a long time. Why the American people didn't realize this, well we can thank good old mass media propoganda and laziness for that.

Second, the connection that any possible terrorist or terrorist group may have to illegal drugs and their distribution, well, the government didn't seem to care about that before, and further, if the government has all this information about illegal drug distribution why haven't they acted on it yet?

Obviously I am ranting, but this new campaign is just ridiculous. Another advertisement is a poster with a picture of a kid on it, and he is quoted,

"Last weekend I washed my car, hung out with a few friends, and helped murder a family in Columbia. C'mon, it was a party."

This kind of bullshit just has to stop. The hypocrisy of our government has got to stop. Don't they realize that most of the pot that is distributed in this country is either local or from Canada? Don't they realize that their rules and their regulations perpetuate the very activities that they are trying to combat? Don't they realize that their involvement in Colombia, like in Mexico only allows other drug cartels to access and profit from the drug trade in America and the world?

I just don't understand this culture anymore. President Bush, what a fucking moron. Why doesn't he focus on the dwindling economy, the poor state of public education...need I go on...before making a fool out of himself and his administration by forcing another tool of control towards the people of this country. I know that a lot of you noders are American, and you may not agree with me at all. But I hope that you can at least see just how ridiculous this new campaign is. How insulting it is to our intelligence and how it is nothing but an instrument of control.

I can picture Bush with his aids, "Hey what kind of bullshit can we convince them of next! Hahahahaha! Hell, I got the Supreme Court to go against the very document it is supposed to uphold when I got elected, betchya I can convince these folks of a drug/terrorist connection. Muhaaahaaahaaa!"

Here again, I might be pushing a few of your buttons, but I am just trying to be realisitic, just trying to put this shit on the table, and stir up the pot. The discussion pot that is...

On that note, I leave you all with the wise words of Bill Hicks:

But I'll tell you, I never heard one reason that rang true why marijuana is against the law. That rang true, now I'm talking about the reasons the government tells us, because I hope you know this, I think you do, that all governmnets are lying cocksuckers. I hope you know that. I mean marijuana grows everywhere, it serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive. To make marijuana illegal is like saying that God made a mistake, you know what I mean? It's like God on the seventh day,looked down on his creation and said,"There it is. My creation. Perfect and holy in all ways. Now, I can rest..Oh my eye! I left fucking pot everywhere! I should never have smoked that joint on the third day. Shit. If I leave pot everywhere, that's gonna give people the impression they're supposed to use it. Shit. Now I have to create Republicans!


www.theantidrug.com This website is run by the Youth campaign, it is highly deceiving.

www.theantidrug.org This website is a source that argues against the new campaign, it is a really informative site and raises many good questions.


www.billhicks.com