I’ve only been in the dorms for a week, and I’m beginning to adjust to my new life; however, drastic changes in environment shouldn’t be taken lightly. What I don’t understand about living in a dorm is that I’m always tired, I always want to nap, or I always want to lay down to sleep at twelve thirty. However, during the day I’m not particularly active, nor do I have a very rigorous class schedule. I think it has something to do with getting accustomed to living inside a machine that is an institution (don’t get me wrong, I want to be here), but the adjustment is rather bumpy.
To be honest, I didn’t think that college (and dorm life) be a drastic change for me. I thought that moving into dorms would hardly interfere with my regular life, my regular friends, and my daily activities (this is mostly due to the fact that I’m going to college in the same town that I grew up in).
I love Asheville.
I’m comfortable in Asheville, I’ve been here forever. Sometimes when I sit in my utterly bare bedroom I wonder what I’m doing staying in Asheville. I stare barely focused at the wall, and tell myself that I’m no good at making changes, but that’s just natural.
I’m meeting new people at an alarming rate, which seems rather unnatural to me. I’ve never been put into a position where meeting people is not only a social perk, but something that is entirely necessary to a pleasant survival during the college years.
Solitude is beautiful.
I’m happy to be alone, although I bloom when with friends. Loneliness and solitude are different things, but I treat them the same. Being alone makes you feel a certain way; solitude makes you feel lonely. I like the idea of being in control of reaching a state of heightened emotion.