Views of The Rome Catholic Church on Nostradamus, the Prophet.

Nostradamus (first called Michel De Nostredame) once wrote his book on prophecy (it was fully finished in 1558). This book was condemned by the Vatican yet not until after his death (1566). The Church didn’t spend a lot of time on Nostradamus but considered him instantly a false prophet. Since these prophecies are a form of divination. And according to the church, all forms of divination are to be rejected as heresy.

The Catechism of the Rome Catholic Church teaches this on the subject:

Paragraph 2115: "God can reveal the future to his prophets or to other saints. Still, a Christian attitude consists in putting oneself confidently into the hands of Providence for whatever concerns the future and giving up all unhealthy curiosity about it. Improvidence, however, can constitute a lack of responsibility.”

Also

Paragraph " 2116: All forms of *divination* are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to 'unveil' the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect and loving fear that we owe to God alone."

Nostradamus was of Jewish origin yet he claimed to be a Catholic.
His work on prophecy was however condemned of heresy without much distress since they clearly violate these two paragraphs.

Reference

More of The Catechism of The Church (on destiny) may be viewed here:

http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p1s2c2a7.htm#668