Web site dealing with all varieties of discussion pertaining to drum and bass and just about every other topic under the sun. Frequent topic categories include ganja/alcohol, political diatribe, and sex. Dogsonacid was created early in 2001 by the members of the Drum and Bass collective )EI3(, otherwise known as Bad Company before being sued by the 70's rock band of the same moniker. As a message board (running vBulletin with mySQL on a Linux box by the way) it has had more than its usual share of dedicated post-whores, addicted lurkers, and trolls. Quite frequently more "old-school" members are apt to reminisce over days past, but most keep coming and posting.

...

Among the unique aspects of DOA is its extraordinary smiley collection. Two smileys in particular have spawned whole families of smileys because of the particular philosophy or emotion they embody; the "busted teeth", representing every variety of tomfoolery and hilarity has seen its combination with numerous other smileys (polysmileys are big on DOA), and the "slayer" (a headbanging face with the classic "slayer" hand extension) has seen over 15 varieties, including several official ones (badger slayer, busted teeth slayer, devil slayer, crack-smoking busted-teeth slayer a.k.a. fabio, etc. etc. ).... and several unofficial (osama slayer, squirrel slayer, drunken korbee slayer, etc...)

...

DOA also has its own language and has seen the recent invasion of 1337 h4x0r speak, yet with a noticeable self-mockery about the usage of such letter/number/high ASCII combinations that usually connote the presence of 12-year-old script kiddies who cream in their pants over the prospect of D-Dosing yahoo.

...

DOA draws from a wide base of international users, and operates loosely in "shifts" as the UK, American, and New Zealand at-work and insomniac kru's take turns posting... there is a presence from nearly every area of the globe and philosophy on the board. The dedication to this communal meeting place has been profound... this noder theorizes that this has to do with the perpetual minority status of the junglist... knowing that he is always in the few wherever he is (unless he is a lucky enough bastard to live in London... a pox upon them all) he rejoices at the opportunity to commingle with his own kind online. An additional draw to DOA is the presence of famous producers who pop up from time to time, usually in each others' threads talkin shite or posting information about releases and dubplates.

...

DOA consists of a main catch-all section called "The Board" and a section for DNB production discussion called "The Grid" (which is brimming with talent by the way... if you run a dnb label I highly suggest you stop by and sample some of the material). There is also a page with the latest dubplates (unreleased DNB tracks still in a state of post-production, available only to top-tier DJs with close connections to producers) in real-audio format, a Java-based chat room (new), a news and releases section, and a member mix section (many DOA members are DJs of some sort). DOA has spawned numerous unofficial spinoffs, including at various times an AIM chatroom, a soulseek chatroom, various direct connect, hotline, and carracho servers, and at some point (to the chagrin of the boards administrators), a sister site at dogsonacid.co.uk.

...

If you like dnb and talking shite, you should definitely stop by www.dogsonacid.com.