Gaspacho is great. Here are three recipes for it:

------------
You will need a blender to make this soup; and you'll need to start it in advance to allow time for chilling. If you're using a stock cube or powder, blend it in with the vegetables to make sure it's well-distributed. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil at the end if you like; but I don't think it's necessary for either flavour or thickening.

Makes 1.2 litres (Serves 4)

225g (8oz) tomatoes (3 large)
1/3 cucumber (about 100g, 4oz)
1 small green sweet bell pepper
1 small red bell sweet pepper 1/2 small onion (about 50g, 2oz)
2 garlic cloves 400ml (15 fl oz)
tomato juice 150ml (5 fl oz) vegetable stock
3 tbsp red wine vinegar salt and freshly-ground black pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives or mint or both

1. Dice the tomatoes, cucumber and bell peppers. Reserve about a quarter of each for garnish, and put the rest into the blender. Finely dice the onion and garlic, and add these to the blender too.

2. Pour the tomato juice into the blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the stock and wine vinegar, and chill for 30 minutes.

3. Mix in the reserved vegetables and the herbs. Serve with croutons or French bread if desired.

------------
24 Tomatoes
4 Cucumbers
4 Green peppers
8 cloves of garlic
Optional: chopped onion
4 cups olive oil
2 cups wine vinegar
4 teaspoons of salt

Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 30 secs to make peeling easier and dice it in small chunks. Peel cucumber and dice it small. Dice pepper and garlic cloves very small. Mix all the vegetables in a food processor starting with tomatoes until it gets soup consistency. Add the vinegar and pour oil slowly without stopping the mixer. Add some cold water if the mix gets thick. Gazpacho should be a soup, not a cream. Add salt to taste. Serve cold.

Serves: 16

Preparation time: 30 min (prepare a day in advance)

------------
Serve as a drink, or as a cold soup

1 medium tomato, peeled and diced
1/4 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/4 large green pepper, seeded
2 onion slices
2 parsley sprigs
6 ice cubes

Combine and liquify in blender with ice cubes. Serves 1