An improv game played by ComedySportz in lieu of a coin flip. Kind of dumb to watch, but it's harder than it looks.

Two players take the stage. One of them starts making a repetitive motion. The other player asks "What are you doing?" The first player makes something up, such as "Walking my dog." The other player starts to mime walking a dog. The first player now asks "What are you doing?" The second player responds with some other action, which the first player must now act out. Repeat until someone loses. That's about it.

There are a few ways to lose this game:

  1. Hesitation, when you are asked "What are you doing?" Answers must be fast.
  2. Repetition of a previous action, or a similar action. For instance, once "walking my dog" has been said, "walking my cat" becomes repetitive.
  3. Failure to perform the action that you are given. A common tactic is for a player to reply "Jumping jacks" when asked "What are you doing?", then wait about 15 seconds before asking the question back, forcing the other player to exert themselves.
  4. Failure to ask the question. The referee may instruct the players to go faster as the game progresses, and if you wait too long to ask, you'll be disqualified.
The best way to win this game is to think ahead, and to always have about three different responses ready to pick from when it comes time to answer the question.