The Terror Threat Level was moved up from Yellow
. What does this mean, oh, average citizen? Well, here's what I advise:
- Look both ways when you cross a one-way street.
- Avoid all unnecessary super sizing of your McDonald's meals.
- Watch one PBS show at least one night a week.
- Send a friend a mix tape or a goofy postcard to his/her work.
- Take one of your aunts or uncles out to lunch and thank him/her for making your childhood years magical.
- Go see a movie alone on a Saturday night.
- Go for dinner with a friend and commit to ordering an appetizer you would never, ever normally order.
- Sit in a downtown four star hotel lobby with a friend on a Saturday night and play backgammon.
- Bake cookies for the receptionist and the network guy.
- Get a coffee, sit outside, and watch traffic go by for a while.
- Let a friend take you to a concert you're dead set against going to.
- Write a letter to a company's head office saying "x person at your y store gives simply the best customer service! S/he really brings me back!"
- Oh yeah, spend money wisely.