Dear editors of Everything2,

Hi. My name is allseeingeye. I'm sure we have met on several occasions and I would like to think of myself as a friend to quite a few of you. The reason for this note is two-fold.

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your efforts at making Everything2 what it is today. It's a sad reality that the world today is a place less courteous to others, and civility is hard to come by. I feel that efforts should not be thankless, and I extend my profound personal gratitude to each and every one of you. I've been to a lot of places across the World Wide Web, but E2 is where I like to call my home. You hold the tide against staggering odds, and you should be proud of your part in something so unique and beautiful. Kudos. Bravo. Encore.

The other reason I had for writing today is this: Remember to have fun. I've been around for a little while, and I've done some stupid things. I would like to think that we all have. What I hadn't really considered until the other day was that it was somebody's job to wade through my stupidity and flights of fancy to refine a nugget of "node of the ages" quality. This must wear on you. This must make your trigger fingers itchy. When you feel that weight on your shoulders, please, know that most of us mean no ill. Remember, in the end, it's how you play the game.

Please don't take this as a dictum or directive, and if I over stepped my bounds, a thousand pardons. Read it as though said by an impish old man in the space between winks and you will understand my frame of reference.

Thanks again.

ASE