Se7en's Deadly Sins

Thursday
Air fresheners shaped like trees hang like a sad chandelier. Another desolate residence. Number 306. The hallway's plaster falls in chunks. No would should have to live like this, but many of us do. We sit in our boxes, afraid to go out, afraid to try and fail. Is the word sloth written above our headboards as we sleep, only we can't yet see it?

(Somerset)Our killer seems to have more purpose.
It's impressive to see a man feeding off his emotions.
(Somerset, at the hospital)Is there any chance he might survive?
(Doctor) Detective, he'd die of shock right now if you were to shine a flashlight in his eyes. He's experienced about as much pain and suffering as anyone I've encountered, give or take. And he still has hell to look forward to.

(Somerset, later on in the office) Imagine the will it takes to keep a man bound for a full year. To sever his hand and use it to plant fingerprints. To insert tubes into his genitals.

So often we want to run away. It's natural, or so we've been taught, to freeze up in fear, to give up because it's easier. We are all guilty of sloth somewhere down the line; it's merely how long that line goes and whether or not we are found alive at the end of it.

Go back to:
Pride
Avarice
Envy
Wrath
Lust
Gluttony