In the spirit of this, I figure I'd do my own. I want to tell you what I am like, and what I am looking for.

There are a few things about me that may not be standard, and some of this comes from how I grew up. I am not excessively attached to my family, so you will not find me comparing you to my Daddy or being unable to think for myself. I did drugs excessively for many years, but now I want to have as little to do around them as possible, so you won't likely find me to be a closet addict. I don't want someone who does drugs at all, and since I recently quit smoking, you better not smoke, or you'll likely raise tension in me that is trying to die down.

I usually abhor consumerism, so you won't have to hold my purse when we go shopping or have to buy me things to make me happy. If only it could be that easy. I am not defined by what I own or see on TV, so I would prefer that you not be as well.

I used to be a sex maniac, but I'm trying to behave myself because I want it to mean something from now on. I may be a tease because I talk openly about sex and eroticism, but I would respect you a lot more if you didn't take that as an invitation for some cheap and easy fling. I have the ability to do that, I just don't want to, not anymore. I like sex alot, enjoy it a lot, and will make it very worth your while to hang in there for the long haul.

I am very independent, meaning that I live alone and have been self-sufficient for most of my life. This means that I will not likely ask you for help, so you're going to have to find another way to reach out to me and show me you care, and that's what I want you to do. I am still old fashioned but I don't expect the guy to pay for everything, but being willing to pay is appreciated. I carry my share of the load pretty well and I demand fairness, not perfect equality. I don't consider myself a feminist, so I don't think I would clash too harshly with an old fashioned guy.

I tend to be preoccupied with money at times, so if you flaunt yours in any way, I'm not going to be interested, since I am usually poor and proud of it, one of my personality ticks. I don't like hearing numbers, whether you talk about how much money you save or spend, so don't bother. That shit don't impress me none.

I am a very strong willed person with a few barriers you may need to cross. Sometimes I will stick to my guns in a fight just to spite you, so you may need to weather through some bullheadedness on my part. I have been told that I am a complicated person, but I think that's because people try to figure me out, which would lead them to think just that, since I change my mind a lot. Hold me to the standard to which you hold yourself and we'll do just fine.

I am a nondenominational Christian. I'm not religious but would describe myself as spiritual. I believe in Biblical truths, the virgin birth and crucifixion of God made flesh, Jesus Christ, and all that good stuff. If you don't have some belief system that you adhere to, even if completely disagrees with mine, I'm not going to waste my time. I need someone whose beliefs are relatively clear cut and Christian in nature, since mine mean a lot to me and I expect to have that in common. I don't think that is too much to ask.

I speak my mind, or try to as much as possible, and I expect the same from you. Don't say things you don't mean just to fill the silence. I will hold you to your word, and I expect you to do the same.

The only way I can submit to a guy and let him have the reins of the relationship is if he can earn my respect. Power is not taken from people, but given to people.

Even though I am not happy about it, I guess I am kind of keeping my sights open online, since I am most accessible this way, or at least until I move back home. So, if you're wondering about me, here's one place that's concise. I hope I've made my point.