Concept is a board game designed by Gaëtan Beaujannot and Alain Rivollet. It is simple, fun, and somewhat overpriced.

The basic idea is the same as charades, but instead of acting out the clues, you picture them out. The board consists of dozens of pictures representing various concepts in vague terms. The person giving the clues places a marker to identify the central concept, subordinate concepts, and sub-sub-ordinate concepts. They may not say anything other than to let the guessers know when they are getting warmer.

For example, if the target word was Spider-Man, you might place the primary concept market on the 'fictional character' icon, the secondary on the 'animal' icon, and the tertiary on the 'man' icon, and the quaternary on the 'battle/conflict' icon. You might need to refine these further; you can connect sub-ordinate concepts to each of these with color-coordinated pieces. But with a couple of clever guessers asking questions like "is it a superhero?", you're probably going to zoom in on the right answer quickly.

And that's pretty much it. There are rules involving team play and scoring, but I haven't used them -- and the rules say up front that the developers often don't use them either. This is pretty much the same sort of fun as charades, 20 questions, and all the other party guessing games you already know, but with the twist that it is based on intersecting categories.

It is fun, and I recommend it. However, it also also very simple, and has a suggested manufacturer's retail price of $40.00... and at this moment, Amazon is trying to sell it for $50.00. This isn't a total rip-off; the game is easy to pick up and fun to play -- I'd say that it is more fun that Apples to Apples and Cards against Humanity, and easier to learn than Spyfall or The Resistance: Avalon, and that makes it a good game. It is also fairly well designed in gameplay and appearance, although I personally might have chosen some different default categories. Even so, I'd try to buy it on sale, if at all.