Let It Come Down is also the only solo album by James Iha, former guitarist of The Smashing Pumpkins. Though considering this album as a solo album is a exaggeration, as James Iha uses musicians who are also involved with the Smashing Pumpkins. D'arcy Wretzky, the Smashing Pumpkins bassist, sings some vocals on one song and the Adore-era Smashing Pumpkins drummer Matt Walker plays drums on this album, other musicians who worked with The Smashing Pumpkins and also appear on this album are for example Adam Schlesinger (piano, bass), Eric Remschneider (cello) and the former Smashing Pumpkins producer Flood. Looking at this line up one may guess that this album is just another Smashing Pumpkins album. But is it not, and the reason is, that one name missing here: Billy Corgan. This makes the album to an interesting experiment: What kind of music would The Smashing Pumpkins have played without the genius of Billy Corgan? And the answer is obvious: Folk music!
So if you like the Smashing Pumpkins because of Bullet With Butterfly Wings or Zero this album is clearly nothing for you. The best song to compare this album to is Farewell And Goodnight from Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Interesting is also, that all songs on this album are written by James Iha himself. While making albums with the Smashing Pumpkins his songs never got very big attention. But the song writing on this album shows that James Iha is too good to be just Billy Corgans guitarist. Sadly the album sold really bad.

Let it Come Down - Discography:
Let It Come Down
1. Be Strong Now
2. Sound of Love
3. Beauty
4. See the Sun
5. Country Girl
6. Jealousy
7. Lover, Lover
8. Silver String
9. Winter
10. One and Two
11. No One's Gonna Hurt You
12. My Advice (Japanese bonus track)

Singles
Be Strong Now
1. Be Strong Now
2. My Advice
3. Take Care
4. Falling

Jealousy (promotional release)