For the purposes of this Protocol, the definitions contained in
Article 1 of the Convention shall apply. In addition:
1. "Conference of the Parties" means the Conference of the Parties
to the Convention.
2. "Convention" means the United Nations Framework Convention on
Climate Change, adopted in New York on 9 May 1992.
3. "Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change" means the
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change established
in 1988 jointly by the World Meteorological Organization and
the United Nations Environment Programme.
4. "Montreal Protocol" means the Montreal Protocol on Substances
that Deplete the Ozone Layer, adopted in Montreal on 16 September
1987 and as subsequently adjusted and amended.
5. "Parties present and voting" means Parties present and casting
an affirmative or negative vote.
6. "Party" means, unless the context otherwise indicates, a Party
to this Protocol.
7. "Party included in Annex I" means a Party included in Annex I
to the Convention, as may be amended, or a Party which has made a
notification under Article 4, paragraph 2(g), of the