I've made my way around the world and any place I stop at for some time manages to cough up a place or two that become my own.

Growing up in the suburbs of Chicago as a teenager I had a willow treee behind a Dominicks grocery store that I would climb, and a stretch of road heading north out of Cook County I would bicycle on when depressed or angry.

When I moved to the city after high school, I lived in Bucktown. There was a church I would go to late at night with a small stairwell leading down to a door. It was allways locked and allways silent. I would often venture there to think, to smoke, to cry or just to sit. It was my secret power spot in Chicago.

Letter on I got a job as a bicycle messenger and I would often hide myself in skyscraper stairwells inbeteween deliveries in order to smoke pot.

2 years latter I found myself living in Santa Cruz, California... I had a tree I would hide out in in the Pogonip forrest. It was an old burnt out redwood with a small hollowed out hidey-hole. It was great for the silence and the cool air... I even once saw a UFO while spending the night there.

Now that I live in Torino, Italy I have yet to find a secret spot. I mean I have certain intersections that I like and there is a stretch of the Po river that I enjoy walking along when feeling solitary, but nothing that compares to my secret spots from the past.

Well now that I´m living in Bonn, Germany - once again I need to begin the search for a new secret spot. Turns out my spot back in Torino was at this bar called Cafe des Arts. It wasn´t solitary or even secret, but it was my place and I miss it. I could always count on a friendly face and a nice drink.

So now I´m in Germany ... Bonn has the Rhine Rivber and I have noticed a nice small Jewish cemitary along its banks. There is also a weird WWI & WWII memorial in my neighborhood on a spooky cul de sac. But no definet spot yet other than rollin in my byby´s arms.

I'll find it; it'll find me... I'm certain of it.